The Marketing Power of Brochures
Brochures are carefully structured pieces of printed marketing material that utilize design elements including color, text, photographs, and images to convey a message about your business, company, or organization. They might be promoting a particular item or a specific event and also serve as an overview of the services your business offers.
Typically, we might think of brochures as a tri-fold arrangement that opens up in three separate columns. However, brochures can have many folding options so that you can further customize the impact and design.
These small but powerful marketing items might seem old-fashioned in a world of social media ‘likes,’ quick blurbs, and online sharing, but just as vinyl records have come back to regain popularity, printed materials have regained an air of novelty and originality. People still very much enjoy holding something in their hands and engaging in reading a three-dimensional object.
Universal Graphics offers a variety of size, color, and paper choices. With these many options, you can customize your brochures to fit the style and spirit of your business or promotion.
How Marketing Materials Make it Happen
In the end, marketing comes down to the originality of your message and how you choose to convey it. When marketing materials are distributed, designed, and well executed, the impact is undeniable.
Printed materials should have consistency and match your branding or aesthetic. In order to achieve this with the highest precision, it is best to hire a professional graphic designer who can really showcase your businesses’ unique qualities and mission. Universal Graphics has you covered! Our team includes highly qualified designers who are here to help!
Here are a few benefits that good printed materials can do for your business:
- Brand recognition. The first and most immediate benefit of engaging in a printed material campaign is how the distribution of these items can result in an exponentially larger pool of potential customers coming into contact with your company name.
- Establishes credibility. When people come into contact with quality printed brochures, your company will inevitably make a positive impression. If your materials are appealing, customers will remember this and associate your business with professionalism and competence.
- Elicits enthusiasm. With a creative and engaging design, marketing material will get people excited about what you do next. Think of these materials as an opportunity to establish an emotional connection. If people are intrigued by your design, they are more likely to remember your business name or recognize your logo the next time they come across it.
There is more to a good brochure than the internal design. Scoring is like setting the groundwork. In the end result, the folds are a large part of how the brochure will feel. This means taking proper preparation in order to prevent cracking or messy folds. Without scoring, projects will develop as unattractive, wrinkly texture around a fold.
Some common types of scoring include:
- Litho Score- This type of scoring works well for newsletters, thank you cards, or folders. It uses the offset press and prepares the paper for a precise fold.
- Heat Score- As the name states, this type of technique utilizes heat and requires a special offset press. Because of the intensity of the heat, this works well on heavier stocks.
- Letterpress Score- This is perhaps the most involved and expensive form of scoring. It requires forming a special metal frame. The frame is then used to push down into the paper and the press.
Part of the unique appeal of a brochure is that it offers readers an experience. It uses different sizes of text, color, images, photographs and design elements to shape a particular vision. Marketers and business owners have found that the folds are a big part of the personality of a brochure. It’s part of the experience. So whether your brochure is best designed as a tri-fold, half-fold, or a four-panel, it says something about your business.
Some of the options we offer include:
- Four-Panel Fold
- Double Parallel Fold
- Gate Fold
- Accordion Fold
- No Fold
When it comes to the feel of your brochure, the paper you choose will have the final say. You might choose a thicker and glossier option, or a more vintage look and feel. Choose a paper finish that fits the tone, style, and design of your brochure:
- 80 lb. Matte Text
- 80 lb. Gloss Text
- 100 lb. Gloss Text
Custom Designs Available
Universal Graphics can help you make these difficult design decisions. We build from scratch or help you develop an existing idea. We want to ensure that your brochure not only matches your branding but that it represents your company and product in the most attractive and appealing way possible. Talking with an experienced and creative designer can help you further develop your strategy and brand. Our designers are ready to work with you until we achieve just the perfect composition.
Choose Universal for Your Brochure Needs
We pride ourselves in developing good relationships with our customers. We understand how difficult it is to have a business. Printing marketing materials is an important part of that business and it can really make or break your branding opportunities. We want to be part of your success and always enhance the way you represent your unique products and services.
Get a Fair Quote and Enhance Your Business with Brochures
Call Universal Graphics today and get a quote for your next brochure project. We are happy to answer any questions you may have regarding our rates and services. Contact us at 915-591-8943.